1. Feed myself lunch at Cafe Rio.
2. Pick up Baby Sister (now 13) from airport. This is actually quite selfish as she is a huge help while visiting and we love to have her here.
3. Eat lots of double-stuffed oreos. Sure I do this all the time but we are currently out and so that will make it special. Especially since I will not feel guilty if I eat them for breakfast. And snack.
4. Listen to my music all day long. No requests for “Thriller” from Harmon or “a girl song” from Sammy will be accommodated. Probably.
5. Take a picture of myself. I have taken almost zero since becoming pregnant, and wish I had more.
6. Paint my fingernails. Even if they only last one hour.
7. Write in my journal. In the future I am always happy when I do this.
8. Give myself a hug.
9. Send someone something in the mail. This is one of my most favorite things to do. I really just ran out of time to get this one done.
SUBSTITUTE: Have surprise party with Eden and kids when Aaron and I got home from dinner. They decorated the house with streamers and cute signs and pictures and built me a cake out of oreos. Did I mention how much we like Eden??
10. Stretch before bed. This will result in sleeping better. I can’t tell if this contributed. But it was good anyway.
11. Watch 30 Rock during naptime. I had to do this while Eden played since they napped 2 whole minutes in the car. Still good.
12. Dinner at TBD restaurant. Pizza Factory. Yum.
13. Open presents.
14. Take pictures of the kids. Because I haven’t taken any in a month or two.
15. Do no chores other than child daytime dishes. Feel no guilt. I was feeling guilty until Aaron swept the floor for me.
16. Take a bath.
17. Turn the AC up as high as I want it.
18. Force everyone into a family photo. Wearing whatever I want them to wear.
19. Load new books into Kindle. Too much of a chore. (Ridiculous)
SUBSTITUTE: Watch Kid History in bed.
20. Trip to hardware store for: TP roll holders, towel racks, drill & screws (to hang pictures)
21. Go to Ikea. I just love going. I know, I’m weird.
22. Write a letter to myself for my 40th birthday. For some reason I love time capsule type things, and this will be good enough.
23. Stay up way too late. I love staying up, but the consequences are often too much to handle so I wimp out early. So it was only 10:18 but considering the time I woke up and my continual sleep deprivation and the fact I could not keep my eyes open (so old) I am counting it.
24. I will have to eat some sort of birthday dessert. If I end up at Pizza Factory for dinner it will be the giant warm cookie topped with ice cream.
25. Make and eat homemade popcorn. With too much butter and salt. SUBSTITUTE: Pick bedtime stories. I was too full from other eating to accomplish this so I picked a new one and made the kids read what I wanted because sometimes I don’t like what they pick.
26. Wash and dry my car. I keep washing it but Utah water dries all ugly on it.
27. Eat lunch with Billie & Sadie. This was an extra good idea.
28. Buy hangers for my closet & kids closet. The lack has been driving me insane. I’m so old.
29. Make Aaron tell me 30 things he likes about me. He did 52. Nice.
30. Get a massage.
Not gonna lie, it was a pretty good day, and 30 is feeling pretty good. Plus Sammy still says it’s my birthday because of the streamers everywhere, and I get to have a party on Saturday. And celebrate with a cool lady friend next week. Happy Birthday to me!
Pictures later today or tomorrow when I find the energy to load them.